19.4.14

Radiant




At the beginning of the year, when everyone was abuzz with Pantone's declaration that 'Radiant Orchard' was the 'Colour of the Year', I thought it was slightly ridiculous. 'Radiant' and 'purple' just didn't seem to be reconcilable concepts in my eyes. However, between the violet-hued roses I picked up yesterday in NYC, Chanel's 'Lilac Sky', and an (ever increasing) collection of lilac Laduree Macaroon boxes, it looks as though I may have subconsciously changed my mind. I'm particularly enjoying the idea of lilac teamed with deep red, and Butter London's 'La Moss' Lacquer, as well as Mac's 'Russian Red' lipstick are helping me satisfy such a pairing. 

Although I don't think I'll start calling it 'Radiant Orchid' anytime soon, lilac is definitely making a come-back in my eyes. 

4 comments:

  1. that lilac color is lovely!


    http://heyprettything.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Literally like you read my mind - I've been looking for a dark red lippy all night online!

    New bloglovin follower right here! :-)

    Like A Harte // BLOGLOVIN

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would have to agree with you on the "colour of the year." Those roses look beautiful.
    Stay Styled,
    Lindsey
    http://staystyledoc.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for your comment :) That Chanel colour is so nice!


    x Vanessa at www.flipandstyle.com

    ReplyDelete