9.12.13

Like The Boys



Muji shirt, Sass and Bide jeans (similar), Comme des Garçons boots.

My mother bought these boots from the Comme des Garçons store in Tokyo over a year ago, much to my horror. I didn't quite agree with her choice of footwear, and declared them completely un-fashionable. However, as with most things mum purchases, I ended up eating my words, and I've been growing increasingly fond of them. I think it may be because the idea of dirty and beaten-up 'work boots' in a stark white is such a perfect contrast. So, here we are, in an abandoned farm yard roughly an hour and a half south of Sydney on our way home from a friends farm, wearing 'the boots' I previously despised. I really just should have trusted that Comme des Garçons and mum knew what they were doing all along. 

The combination of a crisp white, thick cotton shirt and true-blue jeans has been a favourite of mine for years (somewhat spurred on by this remix of Lana Del Rey). It's just the right amount of American-prep, and I felt the white boots would be a cheeky nod to my surroundings (although I'm sure in reality they would be completely impractical for farming). This shirt I picked up from Japanese chain Muji, and is made from a thick, heavy cotton, which helps make it a little more day-time appropriate than a classic white business shirt. 

Photography by my wonderful boyfriend, Ben, who very graciously and  enthusiastically agreed to a wild goose-chase with me throughout the country in search of the perfect fence.

Follow Flourish:

9 comments:

  1. Those boots are so cute and lovely pictures.

    -Vogue&Heels
    www.vogueandheels.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Greta, love those boots and your blog in general! Found a new read! Thanks for checking my video out :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the lovely comment on my blog dear :)
    Love your blog layout!
    Your style looks great :)

    http://stylealamy.blogspot.nl/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love those boots!

    -Chloé Akari
    chloeakari.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the boots--chelsea boots are my favorite!!

    romance-too.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. gorgeous photos! i love your boots so much!
    xo,
    maddie

    http://feelingmagenta.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your shoes are looking gorgius.like it.

    http://www.newbalanceshoes-australia.com

    ReplyDelete