30.11.13

SYD to NYC

I have a fairly exciting announcement to share. On January the 18th, I will be packing up my bags and moving to NYC for five months. I'll be studying over in the States for a semester of my university degree, then in June, I'm meeting up with the boyfriend and some friends to travel for a further two months. We're planning on visiting Italy, Spain, Croatia and Turkey. 

It's all very, very exciting! However, I'm absolutely petrified that I'm promptly going to freeze to death upon my arrival to NYC. So, as any sensible girl in my position would do, I've trawled through the websites of several high-street chains, and planned out exactly what I'll be purchasing as soon as I arrive. 

Clockwise from top-left. Topshop Textured Swing Coat, Zara Funnel Neck Jumper, Zara Houndstooth Skort, Zara Leather Ankle Boot, The Reformation Primrose Dress, Topshop Wool Biker Jacket, Kate Spade Saturday Large Utility Bag, J. Crew Cable Knit Trapper Hat, Topshop Boa Boots

On the top of my list are: oversized, roll-neck jumpers, shearling jackets, thigh-high boots with a mid-heel, dark grey denim, preppy coats in statement colours (pale pink, powder blue or cream), pale, butter-soft leather, as well as houndstooth, plaid, and gingham prints. As I am reluctant to completely forgo the idea of skirts and dresses (regardless of below-zero temperatures) I'm also planning on purchasing Woolford 'winter' tights because I've heard they are incredibly warm. 

I'd love some suggestions as to what to bring or purchase once I'm in NYC! Being an Australian (who considers 10 degrees cold) any advice would be very appreciated!


Follow Flourish:

10 comments:

  1. How exciting! I just love NYC & have a pinterest board just dedicated for New York pins! (haha) That topshop coat is gorgeous and will be perfect for the cold weather. I recommend a large warm scarf for winters, it's almost like having a personal blanket with you all the time. ;)

    The Daily Melon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'll definitely have to invest in a big, chunky knit scarf when I'm over there

      xox greta

      Delete
  2. I love so much all these pieces!! I fall in love with the pink sweater!
    xoxo
    https://www.bloglovin.com/blog/4487669

    ReplyDelete
  3. these look really nice eps. the coat

    Shalay| itsjustshalay.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. So exciting! Hope you have an awesome time!
    Love all your picks, you are going to take NYC by storm! xx

    blancheneve.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I moved from South Africa to Canada so you can image how freezing I was during my first winter. In terms of NYC, make sure you have a huge chunkly scarf or ear muffs for your ears/cheeks that part of your head because the wind tunnels in New York are no joke. Also get a puffer jacket with a fur trim hood. There will be slush after the snow, so make sure you either get rain boots (nice cheap ones are sold at Target) or a pair of water proof/resistant Timberland boots with a good grip because there will also be ice.

    Enjoy your semester abroad !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for the advice! I hadn't thought about ice / slush, so I'll definitely have to start looking at appropriate footwear

      xox greta

      Delete
  6. Woow! Hope you'll have a great time travelling! I'm from Croatia :) How come you decided to come here?
    Btw love the shorts!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How exciting! You will get to experience winter AND spring in New York, which are beautiful! It's absolutely understandable that a trip like this calls for a big shopping spree - these items are lovely, I adore the light pink jumper and this beautiful coat. The shades remind me of macaroons!

    ReplyDelete
  8. love the shorts! :*

    http://landing-in-fashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete