24.11.13

Move Over Plaid

I'm sorry plaid, but gingham and houndstooth have stolen my heart instead. It's not that I don't love a good plaid - a flannel shirt, denim cut offs and cons (or gumboots - splendour in the grass '13, anyone?) is my basic music festival attire, and I am very guilty of wearing a flannel shirt with jeans and ballet flats almost weekly. But they've been a wardrobe staple of mine for as long as I can remember, mainly because of their warmth. So, the current 'flannel shirt over everything and anything' craze has left me a little, well, unexcited. 


Houndstooth and gingham, though? I don't think they have ever made an appearance in my wardrobe, and I'm growing fonder of them with every day. The more oversized and pastel hued the better, à la Balmain Spring '14. 













Image sources: one, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, nine, ten


Follow Flourish:

9 comments:

  1. love houndstooth!♥ beautiful pictures!:) especially the second one! the statement necklace looks amazing with this pattern!:)

    www.lorietta.cz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Houndtooth, gingham, plaid, love them all! Great selection!
    Mafalda ❤
    www.mafaldadotzero.blogspot.fr

    ReplyDelete
  3. Houndstooth is so classic. Loving all these looks. We're a shaving company called Dorco, and we think every woman should be able to afford high quality razors. In fact, our prices are 30-70% less than leading brands. It's something you have to see for yourself to believe: DorcoUSA.com. Thank you again for this great post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful images! Love tartan
    On my blog Black Friday with Luisaviaroma!
    On The Fashion Fad from November 27 to December 2,
    30% discount on luisaviaroma shop on line!
    Come on!
    The Fashion FAD

    ReplyDelete
  5. Houndstooth for the win! Miroslava Duma wears it so well!

    www.primpedandprimed.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. lovely inspiration

    http://pomegranateandcoffee.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. I Love gingham and houndstooth, it's so classy. Thanks for this inspirational fashion post.
    Xo
    http://theblossommuse.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete