14.11.13

Kepos Street Kitchen, Redfern







'Oh my goodness, yum' were the only words going through my head whilst reading the menu for Kepos Street Kitchen, a gorgeous cafe bistro tucked away in a suburban street of Redfern. It was for good reason. Kepos has had an abundance of positive press for their Mediteranian and Middle Eastern influenced menu, inspired by chef Michael Rantissi's childhood. 

We chose the spicy merguez sausage shakshuka ($17) and the falafel, hummus, tabouleh, mint, schiacciata bread ($16). Both were absolutely delicious, and very generous servings. The falafel dish could easily be shared between two for a light lunch. Unfortunately we decided to resist the Middle Eastern sweet goods at the front counter. However, don't make my mistake - definitely choose a few to try, I regretted not doing so the entire drive home. 

Kepos also pays great attention to the sourcing of their ingredients, with a list of their main suppliers provided on their website, which I find very commendable. It is always very comforting when you know the food you are eating has had such love and attention poured into it. 

Kepos Street Kitchen, 69 Kepos Street Redfern, Sydney 


Follow Flourish:

4 comments:

  1. Oh that food looks delicious! My mouth is watering! I really like your blog! I'm glad that I found it! It would be nice if you could stop by my blog sometime too (I'm from England) as I post my outfits, personal style, likes and much more :) :)

    Raindrops of Sapphire

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, your blog is looking great! So many great photos, the food photos especially are making me hungry! Kepos St Kitchen is the best, we blogged about it here as well.

    http://myprettysydney.com/2013/02/16/looking-for-a-new-brunch-spot-go-no-further/
    hope you had a great xmas and looking forward to the posts from NY!
    Maadz x

    ReplyDelete